Advanced API Security with OAuth - 2 Hour Workshop
API Security is the one topic I get the most questions on - not only within my courses but also in general, from all Baeldung readers.
And while I try to cover some of the theory in webinars, the actual implementation is where the focus is of this workshop is on.
Here's what you're going to learn:
- How to get and store a Refresh Token on the client side
- How to set up a Zuul proxy and how it helps with the security of the tokens
- How do we easily debug JWT tokens during development
- How to get Authorization claims into a JWT token
- What does an actual CSRF attack look like in practice?
The material is driven by an actual Spring Security implementation that you can start using - either to better understand how things should be configured or to start from on a real-world project.
This workshop has a clear goal - teach you to implement a full OAuth2 based security solution for your Spring REST API, as well as a simple AngularJS front end to consume it.
The Other Workshops
All three workshops available through a single package here.
I am a software engineer and consultant with a passion for the Spring ecosystem, REST APIs and, of course, security. Nowadays, I’m focused on running Baeldung, creating video courses, helping the Java community and doing quite a bit of OAuth work.